Dear Family, Friends, and Acquaintances:
As most of you are aware we are again participating in the Annual AIDS Walk/Run to benefit AIDS Community Resources. Last year, we raised an impressive $500.00 for the cause, this year we hope to double that amount. Unfortunately, with less than just over a month to go we are only 3% towards our goal. We need your help!
• 56,300 people are infected with HIV every year in the U.S.
• Half of those newly infected with HIV are under the age of 24.
• Half of sexually-active young people will contract an STD by age 25 – and most won’t know it.
• One in four teenaged girls has an STD.
• Young people are infected with HIV/AIDS sexually
• Minority teens have been particularly infected. In 2006, African American teens represented 69% and Latino teens 19% of AIDS cases among 13-19 year olds.
• 1.7 million people have been infected with HIV in the US since 1981.
• 181,461 AIDS cases have been in New York – more than any other state. 100% of fundraised dollars stay in Central New York.
• Ten states account for 71% of all HIV/AIDS cases in the U.S., with New York at the head of the list.
We have work to do! We must prevent the spread of HIV and other STDs.
Despite advancements in treatment and prevention of HIV, there is still no cure for AIDS and no vaccine in sight. There are approximately 19 million new cases of STDs every year in the U.S., about half are among those 15 – 24 years of age. Since HIV and STDs often have no symptoms, most of those who are infected don’t know it.
Please support me by contributing $5, $10, $25, - the sky’s the limit! Your donation is fully tax-deductible. Please send a check made out to ACR before Sunday, June 6!
We had a great time last year and plan on having double the fun this year with double the team mates and donations!
Please join us for this extremely important cause!
Join our team!
Email me at Mykel@ManyRandomAnecdotes.com. Please include your name (and stage name if applicable), phone number, email, and mailing address, so I can send you your materials.
Visit http://www.firstgiving.com/mraproductions to donate via credit card. Your information is totally confidential!
Made out to AIDS Community Resources and mailed to:
PO Box 112
Syracuse, NY 13207
Cash (at your own risk):
In person to Mykel Austin or mailed to the address above.
And please if nothing else SPREAD THE WORD! Add this information to your WebPages, Facebooks, and MySpaces.
Thank you for your contribution and support. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Mykel J Austin/CEO